Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Great Foundation Hunt: MAC

I have been on a mission to find my Holy Grail foundation. I have a few currently in rotation, but I'm not in love with them.

I stopped in at my local MAC to get some samples and my two fave MUAs were very helpful and generous. I received four options from their range.

Pro Longwear in NC15: this formula is a bit too thick and mask like on me. I found it too be a bit high maintenance for me, too. I had a hard time getting it even, so this will be a pass for me.

Mineralize Satinfinish in NW20: I really liked this initially. It feels light on my skin and offered a nice level of coverage...but in natural light it's do sparkly! It was way too much on my over 30 skin, so pass here too.

BB Cream in Light: I actually like this. It's moisturizing, comfortable on, and has decent coverage. The color is slightly too light, but workable.

Face and Body in N1: my favorite o the bunch! Nice, buildable coverage. Easy to work with formula. Great color match. This is definitely a contender!

I have a few more to review and a few I want to try, but I did find a couple of nice options at MAC.

Have you found your HG foundation?

Swatches are l-r: pro longwear, mineralize, bb cream, face and body

No comments:

Post a Comment