Friday, December 28, 2012

Beauty Resolutions 2013

As the year draws to a close, I've been thinking about things in my life that need to change a bit. I love cosmetics. I love using them, buying them, and writing about them...but I have so much.

It's time to reevaluate why I buy what I do. I make too many impulse buys that end up not working for me. So here is a list of my beauty resolutions for 2013.

1) Limit 2-3 Beauty Purchases a Month. I certainly don't need to get more than that when I have a large stash already. This does include hair/skin/body care items.

2) Research Before I Buy. As an avid beauty blog reader, this shouldn't be hard to do. I want to get quality over quantity.

3) Avoid Those Limited Edition Collections. I'm looking at you, MAC. It's so easy to get caught up in the craziness of new stuff being released all the time. It's unnecessary and (a lot of the time) the quality just isn't there.

4) Shop My Stash. I have tons of stuff I don't use that often. It needs some love.

5) Shop From My Wishlist. This is a great way to avoid crazy impulse buys.

6) Use My Samples. I've got plenty, may as well use them.

So, there it is. Changes that I hope will e positive and help me get through some of the 'stuff' that's sitting in my closet. Anyone with me? Do you have any beauty related resolutions for the new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment